Aided Cheit maic Mágach‘The death of Cet mac Magach’
- Middle Irish, Early Modern Irish
- Ulster Cycle, Aideda
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.40 [s. xv-xvi]part 1 f. 4r–4vVersion A.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 G 21 (Betham 2, 917) [s. xviii-xix]p. 140Version B.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 B 21 (Betham 49, 184) p. 174Version B.
- Middle Irish Early Modern Irish
- Version A: Middle Irish (?); Version B: Early Modern Irish.
|tale-lists]] as Orgain Bélchon Bréifne and Togail Bruidne Bélchon Bréifne, and is alluded to in the poem Fianna bátar i nEmain, attributed to Cináed ua hArtacáin, which suggests there was once a version where Conall's death was plotted at a feast by Bélchú. Version B is more or less identical to the version in Geoffrey Keating's Foras feasa ar Éirinn (I 34).
For the story of the death of Conchobor, see Aided Chonchobair.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
page name: Aided Cheit maic Mágach
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Aided_Cheit_maic_M%C3%A1gach
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=1326
page ID: 1326
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=1326
Browse linked data