Bethu Phátraic; Vita Tripartita S. Patricii; The Tripartite Life of St. Patrick
- Old Irish, Latin
- Irish hagiography
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 512 I, (a) ff. 101-122, (b) ff. 1-36, (c) ff. 45-52 [s. xv / s. xvi] ff. 5r–30r
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 531 [s. xv / s. xvi] ff. 124, 127Fragments belonging to Rawl. B 512 originally
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 531 [s. xv / s. xvi]
- London, British Library, MS Egerton 93 [s. xv (?)] ff. 1–18vbCorresponds to Stokes's edition at pp. 28–46
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 17, pp. 503–541 pp. 520–528
- Three manuscript copies that are now lost were used by John Colgan for the Latin version in his Trias thaumaturga (1647).
- Extracts in O’Clery’s glossary.
- Abridged version (homily) (1)n. 1 James F. Kenney, The sources for the early history of Ireland: an introduction and guide. Volume 1: ecclesiastical (1966): 345.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 16 (Hodges & Smith 224, 1230) = Leabhar Breac [s. xvin] pp. 24–29Abridged version.
- Chatsworth (Derbyshire), Book of Lismore [s. xv] ff. 1, 3–7
- Paris, Bibliothèque nationale de France, MS celtique 1 V/VII, ff. 30-57 + 74-117 [s. xv?]
- Dublin, King's Inns, MS 10 [s. xv] ff. 17ra–19vbThe first page, f. 17r (two columns), is illegible; as leaves are missing, the text breaks off imperfectly.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 O 48a = Liber Flavus Fergusiorum, part 1 [c. 1435-1440] part 3rd ff. 29r–30v
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 O 48a = Liber Flavus Fergusiorum, part 1 [c. 1435-1440]
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 24 P 25 (Reeves 42, 475) = Leabhar Chlainne Suibhne [s. xvi1] pp. 91–102
- Brussels, Bibliothèque Royale de Belgique, MS 2324–2340 (3410)  ff. 13–23
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS C iv 3 (1192) [s. xvii] p. 233 ff
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 A 15 pp. 323–355
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1285 (H 1. 11)  ff. 95v–106v
- Old Irish Latin
- Old Irish and Latin.
Part I, ll. 1-80: Introduction
Part I, ll. 81-251: St Patrick’s early life
Part I, ll. 252-311: Patrick before the mission
Part I, ll. 312-427: Patrick arrives in Ireland
Part I, ll. 428-661: Patrick and King Lóegaire
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Bethu Phátraic
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Bethu_Ph%C3%A1traic
page ID: 8040
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=8040