Brinna Ferchertne‘Ferchertne’s dream-vision’verse beg. Atchīu dā choin ac congail
- Old Irish, Early Middle Irish
- Early Irish poetry, Ulster Cycle
- Atchīu dā choin ac congail
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Laud Misc. 610 ff. 1–58 and ff. 73–122 = Leabhar na Rátha [1453–1454]ff. 117b line 1–118a line 2
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 cols 573–958 = section of the Yellow Book of Lecan [s. xivex/xvin]Several quatrains are cited.
- Old Irish Early Middle Irish
- Old and Middle Irish.
10th century? Meyer: “If I may venture a guess I should assign our poem to the 10th century. The name Cúrói still scans as three syllables, as in Cinaed húa Hartacáin’s poem beginning Fianna bátar i nEmain, while it makes two syllables in Broccán Craibdech’s poem in LL 43b and in [Atbér mór do mathib].”
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Brinna Ferchertne
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Brinna_Ferchertne
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=2180
page ID: 2180
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=2180