Bruidne Érenn (prose)
- Old Irish, Middle Irish
- Medieval Irish literature, Ulster Cycle, Pentad, Hexad
At least four versions of the prose account are known.
- Scéla mucce Meic Da Thó § 1 (...in chóiced bruden ro-boí i nhÉrinn)
- London, British Library, MS Harleian 5280 [s. xviin]Five hostels (and hospitallers)
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 512 [s. xv – s. xviin]Five hostels
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]Six hostels
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 (H 3. 18) [s. xv-xvi]Six hostels
- Bruiden Da Choca § 31 (... in sesiod rígbruiden Érenn)t.b.a.
- Fled Dúin na nGédt.b.a.
- Independent version
- Chatsworth (Derbyshire), Book of Lismore [s. xv]f. 200vb (line 25ff)beginning: ‘Coicc bhruighne hEireann’Five hostels plus one.
- Old Irish Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
- Scéla mucce Meic Da Thó
- Bruiden Da Choca
- Fled Dúin na nGéd
- Book of Lismore version
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Bruidne Érenn (prose)
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Bruidne_%C3%89renn_(prose)
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=12981
page ID: 12981
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=12981