Cáin Domnaig‘The Law of Sunday’
- Old Irish
- Early Irish law texts, Irish religious texts
- a. The Epistle of Jesus (in Irish), dealing with the observance of Sunday
- b. Three illustrations of supernatural punishment for the transgression of Sunday.
- c. The Cáin Domnaig proper, a legal tract.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 16 (Hodges & Smith 224, 1230) = Leabhar Breac [s. xvin] pp. 202–204
- London, British Library, MS Harleian 5280 [s. xviin] ff. 36–39
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 N 10 (Betham 145, 967) = Book of Ballycummin [s. xvi]
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 5, cols 217-280 = YBL section  p. 405 col. 217Epistle of Jesus, the first part of which (§§ 1-15 in O'Keeffe's ediiton) is illegible.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 cols 573–958 = section of the Yellow Book of Lecan [s. xivex/xvin] col. 957The first part of the Epistle of Jesus, corresponding to the illegible part of this text on p. 405.
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.40 [s. xv-xvi] pp. 71–75
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 O 48a = Liber Flavus Fergusiorum, part 1 [c. 1435-1440] f. 45Epistle of Jesus only.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 O 48b = Liber Flavus Fergusiorum, part 2 [c. 1435-1440] f. 41
- London, British Library, MS Additional 4783 ff. 3-7 [s. xvex]
- Old Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Cáin Domnaig
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/C%C3%A1in_Domnaig
page ID: 13021
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=13021