Cáin lánamna‘The regulation of couples’
- Old Irish
- Early Irish law texts
See Eska (2010) for a thorough examination of the manuscript evidence.
- A = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1316 pp. 39-42, 47-66 [s. xivin(?)]pp. 53a4–59b14Only complete copy.
- B = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 1, cols 1-350cols 233–243= CIH 1804.12-1812.32. Numerous excerpts from the text.
- C = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 (H 3. 17) [s. xvi]cols 449–452= CIH 1947.2-1949.22. Excerpt from § 2 with glosses and commentary
- D = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 13, pp. 353–398p. 381a= CIH 903.19-36. Brief excerpts
- E = Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 506 ff. 16b-62 [s. xiv]f. 19b–d= CIH 89.26-90.32. Late commentary.
- F = Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 506 ff. 16b-62 [s. xiv]f. 42d= CIH 144.5-17.
- G = Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 506 ff. 16b-62 [s. xiv]ff. 55b–56d= CIH 174.7-177.32.
- H = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 9, pp. 173–213p. 188a–b= CIH 713.27-714.11. Excerpt with commentary.
- I = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 12, pp. 312–352p. 339= CIH 857.34-36.
- J = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 12, pp. 312–352p. 343= CIH 861.15-19.
- K = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 14, pp. 399–438p. 434a= CIH 974.34-975.27 and Eska (2010), Appendix 4.
- L = London, British Library, MS Egerton 88 [c. 1564]f. 37b= CIH 1372.29-31.
- M = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 (H 3. 17) [s. xvi]col. 441= CIH 1936.7-8
- N = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 = Book of Ballymote [1384 x 1406]p. 136a–b (facs.)Short commentary embedded in a version of Uraicecht becc
- O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, O'Dav and Cormac: see Eska for further references.
- Old Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Cáin lánamna
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/C%C3%A1in_l%C3%A1namna
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=3485
page ID: 3485
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=3485
Browse linked data