verse beg. Cú cen máthair, maith cland
- Old Irish
- Early Irish poetry, Irish legendary history
- Cú cen máthair, maith cland
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 502 2 = Lebar Glinne Dá Locha (?) [1125 x 1150]f. 80v(148)b.30ffbeginning: ‘Cu cen mathair maith clann’ context: Éoganacht poems attributed to Luccreth moccu Chíara36qq.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 = Book of Ballymote [1384 x 1406]f. 173(98)rb.10ffbeginning: ‘Cu gan mathair maith i cland’ context: Éoganacht poems attributed to Luccreth moccu ChíaraThe last quatrain is omitted.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin]f. 214va.24ffbeginning: ‘Cu cen Mathair maith a cland’ context: Éoganacht poems attributed to Luccreth moccu ChíaraThe last quatrain is omitted.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1358 (H 4. 17) [c.1745]p. 100ffLate copy.
- Old Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Cú cen máthair
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/C%C3%BA_cen_m%C3%A1thair
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=3639
page ID: 3639
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=3639