verse beg. Can a mbunadus na nGáedel?
- Old Irish
- Early Irish poetry, Irish legendary history
- Can a mbunadus na nGáedel?
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]ff. 133b–135a
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1319 vol. 2, pp. 172-187, 192-194 = fragment of the Book of Lecan [xvin]p. 177a line 8 ff
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1289 (H 1. 15) = The Psalter of Tara p. 28 ffIn the hand of Tadhg Ó Neachtain, possibly copied by him from the Book of Leinster, as Todd suggests.
- (Unidentified)A transcript made from this copy by Edward O'Reilly, now in the Royal Irish Academy (?)(1)n. 1 In Edward O'Reilly, A chronological account of nearly four hundred Irish writers with a descriptive catalogue of their works (1820), O'Reilly tells of “a very fine copy of this poem ... in the collection of the Assistant Secretary [i.e. in his possession]” (p. lvii). Todd suspects that O'Reilly was merely referring to "a transcript in his own hand-writing made from the copy in H. 1. 15", which by 1848 was present in the Royal Irish Academy. Todd does not seem to have been aware of further copies of the text in RIA B iv 2 and NLI G 131.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 12 B(2) 8 (900) [s. xix (?)]pp. 1–1362 quatrains
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS A iv 4 (1077) [s. xviii]f. 48 ff85 quatrains
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS B iv 2 (1080) [1627-1628]p. 119(2)
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D i 3 (539) [s. xiv (?), s. xvii, xviii]f. 7r m. ff[14th, 17th and 18th century], 88 quatrains, with variants given from second copy
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 1 (1225) = Leabhar Uí Mhaine (The Book of Uí Maine) ff. 149va52–150r91 quatrains
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 Q 1 (570) [s. xviii / s. xix (?)]p. 85 ff85 quatrains
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 G 20 (211) [s. xviii]p. 18111 quatrains. Scribe: Mícheál Ó Longáin
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 131 (Phillipps 17082) [s. xvii]pp. 49–55Not mentioned by Todd.
- Old Irish
- Lebor gabála Érenn
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Can a mbunadus na nGáedel
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Can_a_mbunadus_na_nG%C3%A1edel
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=4113
page ID: 4113
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=4113