- Hiberno-Latin texts
- Orléans, Bibliothèque municipale, MS 221 (193) [s. viii]p. 212Beginning only.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Hatton 42 1, ff. 1r-142r [s. ix]ff. 132v–133v
- Paris, Bibliothèque nationale de France, MS lat. 3182 = Collectio canonum Fiscannensis [s. x / s. xi]pp. 164 (beginning), 173–175 (complete text), 283 (end)
- London, British Library, MS Cotton Otho E xiii [s. ix4/4 / s. x1/4]ff. 141v–135rbeginning: ‘Maritima animalia ad litora deleta’
- Cambrai, Bibliothèque municipale, MS 625 (625 (576)) [s. ix]f. 54vEnd only.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
|Canons of Adomnán - Penance, Penitential Tradition, and Pastoral Care in the Middle Ages. The present entry has greatly benefited from this overview. A monograph by Elaine Farrell, which will include discussion of the Canones Adomnani, should be out on Brepols soon.|
page name: Canones Adomnani
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Canones_Adomnani
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=20611
page ID: 20611
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=20611