Cath Almaine‘The battle of Allen’
- Old Irish
- Cycles of the Kings
- independentThe text comes down in a relatively independent form as opposed to being embedded within a larger textual framework.
- Brussels, Bibliothèque Royale de Belgique, MS 5301–5320 (4641) [s. xvii]pp. 8–12 context: Fragmentary annals of IrelandIncluded in the Fragmentary annals
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 cols 573–958 = section of the Yellow Book of Lecan [s. xivex/xvin]pp. 206a–207b (facsimile) cols 939.8–942.35
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D iv 2 (992) [s. xv]ff. 87ra.1–87va.44
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 E 29 pp. 17-216 = Book of Fermoy ‘proper’ [s. xiv / s. xv]part II pp. 128b.1–130b.13
- Old Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
page name: Cath Almaine
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Cath_Almaine
page ID: 177
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=177