- prose, prosimetrum
- Cycles of the Kings
See e.g. Máire Ní Mhaonaigh, ‘Cogad Gáedel re Gallaib and the annals: a comparison’, Ériu 47 (1996)
- L = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]ff. 309a–310bFragment of the earliest recension of the text.
- D = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1319 pp. 351-397Incomplete copy of a later recension.
- Leabhar Chon Chonnacht Uí DhálaighA manuscript version of the text, now lost, credited by Mícheál Ó Cléirigh as having been the exemplar for his first copy (below)
- (Unidentified)Mícheál Ó Cléirigh claims to have made a copy (now also lost), of which B below is a secondary one.
- B = Brussels, Bibliothèque Royale de Belgique, MS 2569-2572 (4640) [s. xvii]A copy of the former in the handwriting of Ó Cléirigh (Mícheál). Complete.
- B =
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Cogad Gáedel re Gallaib
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Cogad_G%C3%A1edel_re_Gallaib
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=179
page ID: 179
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=179