Compert Conchobuir‘The conception and birth of Conchobor’
- Ulster Cycle, remscéla to Táin bó Cúailnge
n. 1 Vernam Hull, ‘The conception of Conchobor’ in Irish texts, fasciculus IV... (1934): 4–5.
- Versions 1 (shorter text) as well as 2 (longer text)
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 cols 573–958 = section of the Yellow Book of Lecan [s. xivex/xvin] col. 886 lines 36–46
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 = Book of Ballymote [1384 x 1406] f. 142va p. 260a lines 7–15 (facsimile)
- Version 1 (shorter text)
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin] ff. 181va line 42–181vb line 7 p. 191va line 42–191vb line 7 (facsimile)
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1363 4, pp. 40-53 [s. xv] p. 40 lines 1–10
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 3, pp. 15-58 p. 48b lines 1–16
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 512 III, (a) ff. 75B-100, (b) ff. 37-44 [s. xv] f. 100vb lines 2ff
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 7 (Phillipps 9748) [s. xvi] col. 4
- Version 2 (longer text)
The story of Conchobor’s birth is also cited/related in Scéla Conchobuir meic Nessa.
- Scéla Conchobuir meic Nessa
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
- Translations only
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Compert Conchobuir
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Compert_Conchobuir
page ID: 300
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=300