Dinnshenchas of Dún mac Nechtain Scéneverse beg. Necht Inbir Scéne ro scaíl
- Middle Irish
- prose, verse
- Early Irish poetry, Dinnshenchas Érenn, Ulster Cycle, Dinnshenchas
- Necht Inbir Scéne ro scaíl
- Dinnshenchas Érenn B
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2]p. 170
- Dinnshenchas Érenn C
- B =
- Lc =
- M =
- S = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 2 (1222) [s. xvi (?)]
- S3 = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS B iii 1 (742) [s. xvii]Adds two stanzas to the poem.
- H = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1322 (H 3. 3) [s. xvi]Illegible.
- S4 = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D iv 2 (992) [s. xv]f. 53vbFour lines of prose at the bottom of the second column, following which there is a chasm in the manuscript.
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Dinnshenchas of Dún mac Nechtain Scéne
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Dinnshenchas_of_D%C3%BAn_mac_Nechtain_Sc%C3%A9ne
page ID: 13737
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=13737