Forus focal‘Knowledge of words’verse beg. Forus focal lúaidhter libh
- Early Modern Irish
- Irish glossaries, Glossary
- Forus focal lúaidhter libh
Entry reserved for but not yet available from the subject index.
For his final edition, Stokes drew on the first five manuscripts (sigla: LL, S, M, H and L). The copies in TCD MSS 1284 and 1331 were noted by Paul Russell, ‘The sounds of a silence: the growth of Cormac's Glossary’, Cambridge Medieval Celtic Studies 15 (1988).
- LL = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 pp. 377–410 = Supplement to the Book of Leinster [c. s. xvi] p. 395First ten quatrains only
- S = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, Stowe MS III
- M = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 1 (1225) = Leabhar Uí Mhaine (The Book of Uí Maine)  f. 116 a
- H = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1307 (H 2. 12, no. 6)  pp. 7–8Stokes considers the transcription to be a poor one.
- L = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 L 21 (979) [s. xviii]
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1284 (H 1. 10) 
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1331 pp. 145–162
- Dublin, University College, Additional Irish MS 14 = Dubhaltach Mac Fir Bhisigh’s Leabhar na ngenealach [s. xvii] Fragment. See Ó Muraíle below.
- Cambridge, University Library, MS Additional 3083 (8) [s. xvii] pp. 174–180.m73qq.
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 433 to be confirmed
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 M 16 (Hodges and Smith 56, 308) [s. xviii] pp. 39–55to be confirmed
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 G 23 (256) [s. xviii/xix] pp. 153–157to be confirmed
- Early Modern Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Forus focal
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Forus_focal
page ID: 17503
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=17503