Irish litany of the Trinity
- Middle Irish
- Irish religious texts, Irish prayers and hymns
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 6, cols 281-344 = Section of YBL p. 327 (facs.) col. 338The Yellow Book of Lecan version or Prayer of St Airerán the Wise. Begins in Latin, ‘O Deus Pater omnipotens Deus exercituum misereri nobis’ and continues the same phrase in Irish, ‘A Dé Athair uilechumachtaig, a Dé na slóg airchis din.’
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 512 III, (a) ff. 75B-100, (b) ff. 37-44 [s. xv] ff. 42a–42cbeginning: ‘Airchis dín, a Dé Athair uili-cumachtaig’The Rawlinson B 512 versio ascribed to Mugrón, heir of St Columba.
- London, British Library, MS Additional 30512 = Leabhar Uí Maolconaire [s. xv-xvi] f. 37beginning: ‘Aircis damh a Dhe h-uilechumachtaigh’A longer recension.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 16 (Hodges & Smith 224, 1230) = Leabhar Breac [s. xvin] p. 74Fragment.
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
- ‘Prayer of St. Colga’, a translation of the Scúap Chrábaid, a litany in YBL, described and partially edited in O'Curry 1861: 379-380, 614-615 (Appendix CXXII). The editors write: “Through the gracious permission of their Lordships the Board of the Catholic University, who placed at our disposal the manuscripts belonging to the late lamented Mr. O'Curry, now in possession of the University, we are enabled to give our readers this interesting and valuable document.”
- ‘Prayer of St. Aireran the Wise’
- ‘The rule of St. Carthach’
page name: Irish litany of the Trinity
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Irish_litany_of_the_Trinity
page ID: 7164
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=7164