Irish weather prognostications (Calann Enair for domnach)
Brief prose text attributed to Fintan (mac Bóchra?) offering prognostications of the weather from the day of the week on which the first (calends) of January falls. It belongs to the type of prognostics that is often known with the Latin title Revelatio (or Supputatio) Esdrae, after the prophet Ezra.
- Calann Enair for domnach
- London, British Library, MS Egerton 1782 [1516-1518] f. 43rheading: ‘Fintan hic’beginning: ‘Kaland Enair for Domnach’Sunday-Friday.
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 1 (Phillipps 4169) [s. xvi] f. 11rabeginning: ‘Calaind Enair for Dhomhnac[h bliadain] coencomrac[h]’explicit: ‘do égaibh innte 7rla’
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 3 (Phillipps 7022) = Book of Ádhamh Ó Cianáin [s. xiv-xv] ff. 50ra.1–51ra.19beginning: ‘Calaind Enair [for Domnach]’explicit: ‘forsin Callaind. Calaind Enair b.’
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1289 (H 1. 15) = The Psalter of Tara  p. 629Transcript.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1289 (H 1. 15) = The Psalter of Tara 
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
page name: Irish weather prognostications (Calann Enair for domnach)
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Irish_weather_prognostications_(Calann_Enair_for_domnach)
page ID: 40925
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=40925