Leabhar Oiris‘The book of chronicles’
- Irish annals, Medieval Irish literature
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 E 26 (O'Reilly 111, 756) [s. xviii]pp. 194–207The base text used by Best for his edition. The text is in the hand of John MacSolly.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 N 30 (Hudson 39, 485) = Seanchaidhe Muimhneach pp. 240–275Closely related to the text in RIA 23 E 26.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1287 (H 1. 13) p. 59Best's MS D.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1280 (H 1. 6) f. 64ffBest's MS E
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1296 (H 2. 5) [s. xviii]p. 214Best's MS T
- London, British Library, MS Egerton 105f. 296Not collated by Best.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 13 (Hodges & Smith 131, 689) [s. xviii]p. 93Fragment, Best's MS P
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 G 25 (258) [s. xix]Fragment (§§ 47-53). Best's MS G
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 M 47 (Hodges & Smith 51, 97, 105, 182, 186, 973) part 3 p. 50Fragment (§§ 43-53). Best's Y.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1289 (H 1. 15) = The Psalter of Tara p. 735Short account. Best's MS K
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1329 (H 3. 10) [s. xviii]p. 153Similar to K (TCD 1289).
Best suggests that Sylvester O'Halloran may have had other, fuller manuscripts to hand when he wrote A general history of Ireland (1778), as a number of episodes are cited which are not present in any of the manuscript sources available to Best.n. 1 The text is cited in various places, e.g. vol. 2, p. 234 ff, where he gives Chronicle of the O'Maolconneries [Ó Maolconaire] as an alternative title.
Cf. Dublin Annals of Inisfallen (Best)
- Dublin Annals of Inisfallen
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Leabhar Oiris
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Leabhar_Oiris
page ID: 5800
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=5800