Lebor Bretnach‘The book of the Britons’
- Middle Irish
- Irish legendary history, Adaptation
The manuscripts with the sigla attached to them by Van Hamel:
- L1 = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin]
- L2 = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin]
- L3 = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1319 vol. 2, pp. 172-187, 192-194 = fragment of the Book of Lecan [xvin] pp. 174b24–176a
- B = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 = Book of Ballymote [1384 x 1406] Interpolated version.
- D = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 6 (first part), cols 710*-831 [s. xvi] cols 806–826
- H = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 1 (1225) = Leabhar Uí Mhaine (The Book of Uí Maine) 
- U = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 E 25 (1229) = Lebor na hUidre [s. xi/xii] ff. 3a–4bFragment.
- A manuscript used by John Lynch, but now lost. See Dumville in Éigse 16 (1976).
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Lebor Bretnach
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Lebor_Bretnach
page ID: 3888
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=3888