Lebor gabála Érenn, third redaction‘The book of the taking of Ireland’
- Middle Irish, Early Modern Irish
- Cycles of the Kings, Irish legendary history, Lebor gabála Érenn, Mythological Cycle
- L = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin]ff. 264–311Macalister's siglum M.
- BB = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 = Book of Ballymote [1384 x 1406]ff. 8–34ra
- B = Three 18th-century copies containing readings lost from BB. Scowcroft (1988) notes that the texts themselves “represent separate branches of the BB tradition” (87 n. 27).
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1295 (H 2. 4) pp. 29–105Copy from the Book of Ballymote. Macalister's siglum β.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1289 (H 1. 15) = The Psalter of Tara pp. 29–125Copy from the Book of Ballymote. Macalister's siglum β1.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D iii 2 (619) [s. xviii]pp. 1–135Copy from the Book of Ballymote. Macalister's siglum β2.
- B =
- H =
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 24 P 13 (Reeves 832, 1068) [s. xvii]pp. 13–29
- Middle Irish Early Modern Irish
- Middle Irish and Early Modern Irish.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Lebor gabála Érenn (Recension C)
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Lebor_gab%C3%A1la_%C3%89renn_(Recension_C)
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=12108
page ID: 12108
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=12108
Browse linked data