- Irish glossaries
A glossary, or group of glossaries, that is probably best represented by a copy in the Book of Lecan. Unlike Sanas Cormaic or O'Davoren's glossary, which tend to comment on the terms under consideration, it usually provides single words to gloss difficult words. Notable exceptions include §§ 203-222.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin]ff. 164rd–166 pp. 331d–335
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 1 (1225) = Leabhar Uí Mhaine (The Book of Uí Maine) ff. 126rb–126vb p. 184bheading: ‘Incipit do dubfhoclaibh annseo sis’Abridged copy.
- Extracts / fragments
Possible sources as suggested by Stokes:
- for §§ 59-94, poems in the Liber hymnorum
- for §§ 477-565, Egerton metrical glossary
- perhaps (sources shared by) the metrical glossaries Forus focal and Deirbhshiúr glossary
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
page name: Lecan glossary
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Lecan_glossary
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=14837
page ID: 14837
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=14837
Browse linked data