Orgguin trí mac Díarmata mic Cerbaill‘The slaying of the three sons of Díarmait mac Cerbaill’
- Old Irish, Middle Irish
- Cycles of the Kings, Aideda
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 502 2 = Lebar Glinne Dá Locha (?) [1125 x 1150]ff. 47v(82)b–48r(83)a context: Laídshenchas Laigen
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 502 2 = Lebar Glinne Dá Locha (?) [1125 x 1150]pp. (134)b
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 512 I, (a) ff. 101-122, (b) ff. 1-36, (c) ff. 45-52 [s. xv / s. xvi]ff. 115va (line 24)–116ra
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 1 (1225) = Leabhar Uí Mhaine (The Book of Uí Maine) ff. 23vb–24rFirst episode only.
- Old Irish Middle Irish
Old and Middle Irish. “In their present form these stories [Aided Máelodráin and Orgguin trí mac Díarmata mic Cerbaill] show a confusion of earlier and later forms, and there are so many minor variations of wording that it would be hard to come to any conclusion as to the original text. But enough archaic forms are preserved […] to make it possible that the date of the original composition was within the Old Irish period.” (Greene).(1)n. 1 David Greene, Fingal Rónáin and other stories (1955).
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
page name: Orgguin trí mac Diarmata mic Cerbaill
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Orgguin_tr%C3%AD_mac_Diarmata_mic_Cerbaill
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=254
page ID: 254
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=254