verse beg. Réidig dam, a Dé, do nim
- Middle Irish
- Early Irish poetry, Irish legendary history
- Réidig dam, a Dé, do nim
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 1 (1225) = Leabhar Uí Mhaine (The Book of Uí Maine)  f. 103ra
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D iv 3 (1224) [s. xvi] f. 37rAbridged version
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin] p. 48bAbridged version
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 = Book of Ballymote [1384 x 1406] ff. 4rb–5ra
- Middle Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
In the following contribution I will attempt a new evaluation of the poem and its author, and will deal with its textual transmission and palaeography, structure, content and cultural background. This will be undertaken on the basis of a complete new collation of all versions, including the unedited part. Of the latter I add a computer facsimile of this poem in the Royal Irish Academy MS D iv 3 (1224) and will discuss the merits of such a device for scientific and didactic purposes.The present work is a by-product of an extensive investigation of the annals, synchronisms, Lebor Gabála and further related traditions, the starting point of which is my intension to prepare a future edition of the so called Annals of Tigernach contained in Rawl. B 502 (cf. SCHMIDT 1993).
page name: Réidig dam, a Dé, do nim (Flann Mainistrech)
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/R%C3%A9idig_dam,_a_D%C3%A9,_do_nim_(Flann_Mainistrech)
page ID: 4259
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=4259