Ríagol Ailbi Imlecha‘The rule of Ailbe of Emly’verse beg. Apair dam fri mac Saráin
- Old Irish
- Irish religious texts
- Apair dam fri mac Saráin
- A1 = Brussels, Bibliothèque Royale de Belgique, MS 5100-5104 (507) 
- A2 = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 N 10 (Betham 145, 967) = Book of Ballycummin [s. xvi]
- B1 = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 3 (1242) [s. xv-xvi (?)] Beginning missing.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1136 [s. xix] Transcript from RIA MS 23 P 3 (from the papers of William M. Hennessy)
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1136 [s. xix]
- B2 = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1285 (H 1. 11) 
- Old Irish
- “The language of the Rule is Old Irish, though it contains a few Middle-Irish forms, such as gebes v. 1, geba v. 10, and the monosyllabic cóir v. 31 a, which are all fixed by the rhyme; the Middle-Irish plural mugada in 39 a is such a late form that it seems to point to some corruption in the text” (O Neill, p. 93).
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
page name: Ríagol Ailbi Imlecha
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/R%C3%ADagol_Ailbi_Imlecha
page ID: 28879
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=28879