Scél ar Chairbre Cinn Cait‘The story concerning Cairpre Cat-head’
- Late Middle Irish
- Cycles of the Kings
- Lebar Glinne Dá Locha (‘Book of Glendalough’)Lost. See BB.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 = Book of Ballymote [1384 x 1406]ff. 140ra–140rb pp. 255–256 (facsimile)heading: ‘Anmand na n-Athachthuath ⁊ a fodla dia rer Libair Glinne Dá Locha’beginning: ‘Aitecha em fodailset fo Erind iar ndibad a saerclann’Copy said to be taken from Lebar Glinne Dá Locha.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1295 (H 2. 4) p. 409Copy from BB.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin]ff. 185vb–186raO'Connor (2006: n. 24) observes that while this version lacks some of the lists present in BB, the same material can be found, in another textual context, two folios earlier, on ff. 183v-184r.
- Chatsworth (Derbyshire), Book of Lismore [s. xv]ff. 184ra–184va
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.28 [s. xv-xvi]ff. 5r–5vbeginning: ‘Righ arnaidh uramhanda edrochair da gab righe nErend ar eigein’Modernised version. The narrative is differently arranged.
- Late Middle Irish
- Late Middle Irish (O'Connor 2006). The version in the Edinburgh MS has been modernised.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Scél ar Chairbre Cinn Cait
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Sc%C3%A9l_ar_Chairbre_Cinn_Cait
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=595
page ID: 595
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=595