Scúap chrábaid‘The besom of devotion’verse beg. Ateoch fritt, a Īssu nōebh
- Old Irish
- Irish religious texts, Litany
- Ateoch fritt, a Īssu nōebh
Meyer lists the following manuscript copies:
- L =
- Copies in the hand of Michael O'Clery:
- B1 = Brussels, Bibliothèque Royale de Belgique, MS 5100-5104 (507) pp. 9–12 cols 3 ffEntitled ‘Aurnaighthi Cholgan húi Duinecda .i. fer léighinn Cluana maic Nóis insin .i. Scuáp Crábaidh’
- B2 = Brussels, Bibliothèque Royale de Belgique, MS 4190-4200 (3409) [s. xvii1]ff. 212b–215aNo title. Here ascribed to the saint Airerán ind Eccna.
- B3 =
- B1 =
- LB = Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 16 (Hodges & Smith 224, 1230) = Leabhar Breac [s. xvin]p. 74Incomplete. Begins at § 27 of Meyer's edition.
- R = Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 512 [s. xv – s. xviin]f. 41bIncomplete. Begins at § 34 of Meyer's edition.
- Old Irish
- “The language is unmistakeably Old-Irish, and may well be that of the latter half of the eighth century” (Meyer).n. 2 Kuno Meyer, ‘Stories and songs from Irish manuscripts: VI. Colcu ua Duinechda's Scúap Chrábaid, or Besom of Devotion’, Otia Merseiana 2 (1900–1901): 92.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Scúap Chrábaid
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Sc%C3%BAap_Chr%C3%A1baid
page ID: 7093
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=7093