Tochmarc Emire‘The wooing of Emer’
- Early Irish
- Ulster Cycle, remscéla to Táin bó Cúailnge
R = short recension (earliest version)
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 512 I, (a) ff. 101-122, (b) ff. 1-36, (c) ff. 45-52 [s. xv / s. xvi] ff. 117ra–118rbFirst part missing.
V = expanded recension (Middle Irish)
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D iv 2 (992) [s. xv] ff. 74ra–78vbComplete.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 E 25 (1229) = Lebor na hUidre [s. xi/xii] ff. 121a–127b
- London, British Library, MS Harleian 5280 [s. xviin] ff. 27r–35rb
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 N 10 (Betham 145, 967) = Book of Ballycummin [s. xvi] pp. 21–24; 113–124; 11–12; 25–26; 125–128Complete.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 E 29 pp. 17-216 = Book of Fermoy ‘proper’ [s. xiv / s. xv] pp. 207a–212bFragment.
- London, British Library, MS Egerton 92 = Book of Fermoy fragment [s. xv] ff. 24ra–25vbFragment.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1339 (H 2. 18) = Book of Leinster [s. xii2] ff. 20a46 and ff.The tale in § 30(1)n. 1 Kuno Meyer, ‘Mitteilungen aus irischen Handschriften: IV. Aus Harleian 5280. Tochmarc Emire la Coinculaind’, Zeitschrift für celtische Philologie 3 (1901); A. G. van Hamel, Compert Con Culainn and other stories (1933). is an interpolation which is also preserved as a separate tale in this manuscript. It is usually known as Dinnshenchas of Emain Macha.
- Early Irish
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Tochmarc Emire
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Tochmarc_Emire
page ID: 1787
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=1787