Trecheng breth Féne, or Triads of Ireland‘A triadic arrangement of the judgments/sayings of the Irish’
- Old Irish
- Medieval Irish wisdom literature
With sigla as assigned by Meyer:
- L: Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318 5, cols 217-280 = YBL section pp. 414b–418a in facsimile col. 236ff
- B: Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 = Book of Ballymote [1384 x 1406]ff. 65b–66b
- M: Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS D ii 1 (1225) = Leabhar Uí Mhaine (The Book of Uí Maine) ff. 190a1–191a2Complete.
- Lec/H'?/HLec: Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin]ff. 183b–184b
- N: Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 N 10 (Betham 145, 967) = Book of Ballycummin [s. xvi]pp. 98–100, 7–10, 101
- H': Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1289 (H 1. 15) = The Psalter of Tara pp. 946–957A paper MS written by Tadhg Tiorthach Ó Neachtain in 1745
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 N 27 (966) ff. 1a–7bwritten by Domnall (or Daniel) ó Duind mac Eimuinn.
- Copy in Rylands Library, Manchester, poor and corrupted copy written by Peter O'Longan in 1836.
- Edinburgh, National Library of Scotland, Adv. MS 72.1.7f. 9vbVellum.
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 1 (Phillipps 4169) [s. xvi]f. 65v line 12, ff
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 N 7ff. 1r–6vFragment beginning ratha Laighnen (§ 56).(1)n. 1 Kuno Meyer, The instructions of King Cormac mac Airt (1909): x note 1.
- Old Irish
§§ 1-31: Irish monasteries » entry
§§ 32-61: Places and peoples » entry
§§ 33-115: miscellaneous » entry
§§ 116-123: Tréde neimthigedar... » entry
§§ 124-148: miscellaneous » entry
§§ 149-186: a legal series of triads » entry
§§ 187-214: miscellaneous » entry
§§ 215-229: miscellaneous » entry
§§ 230-256: miscellaneous » entry
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Trecheng breth Féne
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Trecheng_breth_F%C3%A9ne
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=1455
page ID: 1455
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=1455