Urgarta ocus búada ríg Érenn‘The prohibitions and prerogatives of the kings of Ireland’
- prose, verse
- Medieval Irish wisdom literature
- London, British Library, MS Egerton 1782 [1516-1518]p. 35a1Long version. Prose sections alternate with the relevant quatrains from the poem.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 2 = Book of Lecan [s. xvin]p. 194a1Version prefixed to Lebor na cert. The prose text is followed by the poem.
- Chatsworth (Derbyshire), Book of Lismore [s. xv]p. 140(98)ra1–140vbThe prose text is followed by the poem.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 P 12 = Book of Ballymote [1384 x 1406]p. 267a1 (facs.)Prose only.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 23 O 48a = Liber Flavus Fergusiorum, part 1 [c. 1435-1440]f. 10vbAbbreviated version. Prose only.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
page name: Urgarta ocus búada ríg Érenn
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Urgarta_ocus_b%C3%BAada_r%C3%ADg_%C3%89renn
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=20293
page ID: 20293
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=20293