Vitae sanctorum Hiberniae
- Irish hagiography
- [S] The (Codex) Salmanticensis collection, edited by W. W. Heist (1965)
- S (Plummer) =
- [O] The (Codex) Insulensis collection or as Richard Sharpe has called it, the Oxford collection. The Latin name is a borrowing from John Colgan, who variously referred to one of the manuscripts he used as Codex Insulensis or Codex Insulae Sanctorum.
- R1 (Plummer) =
- R2 (Plummer) = Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 505 1, ff. 1-210 = Codex Insulensis (MS R2 or I) [s. xivex]An early copy of the former, with the order of the Lives rearranged to follow the order of the calendar, from St Patrick onwards.
- R2 (Plummer) =
- R1 (Plummer) =
- [D] The (Codex) Kilkenniensis or (Codex Ardmachanus) collection, otherwise referred to by Richard Sharpe as the Dublin collection:
- M (Plummer) =
- T (Plummer) = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 175 2 [s. xv2]
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Vitae sanctorum Hiberniae
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Vitae_sanctorum_Hiberniae
numerical alternatve: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?curid=20573
page ID: 20573
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=20573
Browse linked data