Findṡruth Fíthail‘The fair stream of Fíthal’
- Early Irish law texts
The original text is no longer extant, but citations from it are found in a number of manuscripts:(1)n. 1 Fergus Kelly, A guide to early Irish law (1988): 285.
- A = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1337 (H 3. 18) [s. xv-xvi]pp. 259a–260bCIH 786.25–789.17. Various glossed extracts. Ends imperfectly due to a lacuna in the manuscript.
- B = Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1387 (H 5. 15) [s. xv (?)]pp. 1a–7aVarious extracts.
- Citation in footnote at the end of Do breithemhnas for gellaib.
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1336 (continued)
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1387
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 502
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1308
- London, British Library, MS Additional 4783
- London, British Library, MS Nero A 7
- Copenhagen, Det Kongelige Bibliotek, MS NKS 261b
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 3
- Dublin, National Library of Ireland, MS G 11
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS C i 2
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS 1318/16
- Dublin, Trinity College, MS E 3. 3
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Findshruth Fíthail
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Findshruth_F%C3%ADthail
page ID: 7058
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=7058