Acallam na senórach‘The dialogue of the ancients’
- Middle Irish
- prose, verse
- Finn Cycle
Five manuscript witnesses:
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Laud Misc. 610 ff. 59–72 and ff. 123–146 = (part of the) Book of the White Earl [c. 1410-1452]ff. 123r–146rbeginning: ‘Fer Muman andes ⁊ ro boí ac denam tshelga laithi naen annso’Incomplete, due in part to chasms in the manuscript and due in part to omission. The six fragments correspond approximately to lines 2044-2235, 2401-3520, 3723-3909, 4079-7355, 7399-7546, 7597-7986 of Stokes' edition.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawlinson B 487 [s. xv + s. xvii]ff. 12ra–52vbFour fragments.
- Chatsworth (Derbyshire), Book of Lismore [s. xv]ff. 159–197Ten fragments.
- Dublin, University College, MS Franciscan A 4 [s. xv-xvi(?)]
- Middle Irish
- late Middle Irish (or very early Classical Irish)
Primary sources Text editions and/or modern translations – in whole or in part – along with publications containing additions and corrections, if known. Diplomatic editions, facsimiles and digital image reproductions of the manuscripts are not always listed here but may be found in entries for the relevant manuscripts. For historical purposes, early editions, transcriptions and translations are not excluded, even if their reliability does not meet modern standards.
Secondary sources (select)
page name: Acallam na senórach
page url: https://www.vanhamel.nl/codecs/Acallam_na_sen%C3%B3rach
page ID: 2473
page ID tracker: https://www.vanhamel.nl/vhcodecs/index.php?title=Show:ID&id=2473