Id:Belfast, Central Library<PROP>Belfast<PROP>Id:Ireland<PROP>54° 36' 10.19" N, 5° 55' 52.03" W
Belfast, Central Library
Public library, which opened in Royal Avenue in 1888, then as the Free Public Library, and was originally run by Belfast Corporation (for some time as part of Belfast Free Public Library, Art Gallery and Museum). Since 2009, it is run by Libaries NI (Northern Ireland Library Authority). In 1989, it acquired Irish-language manuscripts (Bryson & MacAdam manuscripts) which were previously owned by the Belfast Natural History and Philosophical Society and kept for some time in the Ulster Museum.