Id:Hengwrt Library<PROP>Hengwrt<PROP>Id:Wales<PROP>52° 45' 11.70" N, 3° 54' 5.69" W
Thanks in no small part to the diligent work of Robert Vaughan, the Hengwrt library, near Dolgellau (Gwynedd), housed numerous Welsh and other manuscripts. It continued to be used until 1859, when Sir Robert Williames Vaughan bequeathed it to William Watkin Edward Wynne of Peniarth. The Hengwrt-Peniarth Library, as the combined collection is often known, was purchased in 1905 by Sir John Williams. For a catalogue of manuscripts, see Aberystwyth, National Library of Wales, MS 9095.